Though you can DIY pave a driveway, a parking lot needs a company like Bart’s Asphalt. Professional paving contractors are essential for commercial businesses to ensure their parking lots are installed correctly and meet safety standards.
Bart’s Asphalt: Michigan’s Parking Lot Experts
When choosing a parking lot paving company, Michigan business owners must look for experience, licensing, insurance, references, quality materials and equipment, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service.
We have all those qualities and more at Bart’s Asphalt. Our contractors have the expertise, equipment, and materials to create durable and functional commercial pavement that withstands heavy traffic and weather conditions.
Practices We Follow for Quality Parking Lot Paving
Here are the steps we follow to ensure that your commercial pavement is durable, long-lasting, and durable:
- Subgrade preparation: The subgrade must be excavated and compacted to provide a stable base for the pavement. The excavation process involves removing any soft or unstable soil and adding a layer of aggregate material.
- Aggregate base installation: A layer of crushed stone or gravel is spread on top of the subgrade and compacted to provide a stable foundation for the pavement. Grading is vital at this stage to ensure correct drainage.
- Hot-mix application: A high-quality mix of hot liquid bitumen and aggregates is applied on top of the compacted base layer. This is done using a paving machine, which spreads and compacts the asphalt evenly.
- Compaction: The aggregate base layers and hot asphalt mix must be compacted to ensure a smooth and level surface. This step is performed using a heavy roller that compacts the materials together.
Line striping: Quality traffic paint and professional line striping services create highly visible parking lines and symbols that keep drivers safe.
Proper drainage: The parking lot should be designed for good drainage to prevent water from pooling on the surface, which can lead to damage and deterioration.
- Adequate thickness: The pavement should be thick enough to withstand heavy traffic and harsh weather conditions. The thickness will depend on the parking lot’s expected usage and load-bearing capacity.
- Routine maintenance: Regular pavement maintenance, such as crack filling and sealcoating, will help extend the life of the pavement surface and prevent costly repairs.
Looking for the best parking lot paving or asphalt overlay services in Michigan? Trust Bart’s Asphalt LLC! Our experienced team delivers exceptional results with expertise and commitment to customer service. Contact us today for an estimate on your project.